If you are unable to find an answer to your query, and require further assistance, please email our support team at email@example.com. We will endeavour to respond within 24 hours but, if you don't see a reply from us, please check your spam filter.
- Q: What is Domains.asia?
- A: Domains.Asia is operated by the .Asia Registry as a Domain Reseller of TLD Registrar Solutions Ltd (TRS), an ICANN Accredited Registrar and a wholly-owned subsidiary of CentralNic PLC. Domains.Asia was launched in 2011 as a showcase site to support the promotion of .Asia domain registrations. Since September 2014, Domains.Asia is revamped to include registration functionalities procured through and supported by TRS.
Domains.Asia is a full-service domain registrar for .Asia domain names. Anyone interested in registering a .Asia domain can directly register through this website or with any of our Accredited Registrars.
Through this platform the .Asia Registry looks to deepen our understanding of .Asia customers and channel partners, allowing us to better tailor registry resources to support business needs and future opportunities in these areas. The .Asia Registry also intends to experiment with different market strategies on Domains.Asia to gauge user experience andgain a more comprehensive, first-hand understanding of .Asia registrant needs, market demands in Asia and other knowledge that would in turn allow us to serve our Accredited Registrars better.
- Q: Who are TLD Registrar Solutions?
- A: TLD Registrar Solutions Ltd (TRS) is an ICANN Accredited Registrar and a wholly-owned subsidiary of CentralNic PLC. TRS is the solutions provider supporting domain registration and management services for Domains.Asia. All agreements entered into on this site, unless otherwise stated, are made with TRS.
- Q: Can I register a domain name if I'm not yet ready to use it?
- A: Yes, you can leave it idle or parked with for the length of your registration. You are also encouraged to check out our free options to redirect your .Asia domain to any existing website (e.g. to your facebook page) or setup free email forwarding (e.g. to your gmail or yahoo account) with your .Asia domain: https://www.domains.asia/use-asia#general
- Q: How do I modify the nameservers for my domain name?
A: To modify the nameservers for your domain name:
- login using your email address and password
- Click on the domain name you wish to modify
- Enter the new Nameservers into the Hostname fields
- Click 'Add Nameserver' if you need to add additional nameservers
- Click 'Save changes' to save your changes to the nameserver details
- Q: How do I update the contact information for my account?
A: To update your contact information:
- login using your email address and password
- go to 'Account Settings' from the menu
- enter your new contact information into the form fields and click 'Update Details'
- Q: How do I modify the details of a Contact associated with a domain in my account?
A: To update your Contacts:
- login using your email address and password
- go to 'Manage Contacts' from the menu
- your Contacts will be listed and can be edited from this page. Please note: any changes to a Contact will be reflected across ALL domain names associationed with the Contact
- Q: How do I renew a domain name?
A: To renew a domain name:
- login using your email address and password
- click on the domain name you wish to renew
- click 'Renew' next to the domain name's expiry date at the top of the page
- please note: domain names cannot be renewed for 7 days after their initial registration
- to perform bulk renewals, use the check boxes next to the domain names on the 'Account Summary' page, and click 'renew'
- Q: Can I set up automatic renewal payments?
- A: No, you must login to your account and make payment each time a domain name needs renewing. We will send you reminders by email before the expiry date.
- Q: What is domain forwarding?
- A: Our domain forwarding service allows you to re-direct your .Asia domain name to an already existing webpage (e.g. your facebook profile or your wordpress blog). To setup free web forwarding for your domain name please select to use the Advanced DNS Manager
- Q: How do I transfer my domain name to another registrar?
A: To transfer your domain name you will need to generate the Auth/Transfer code. Once logged in, click on the domain name and then use the 'Generate code' button at the top of the page. The Auth/Transfer code will be emailed to the Administrative Contact for the domain name.
This Auth/Transfer code can be given to your new registrar in order for them to initiate a transfer.
- Q: How do I transfer my domain name to another Domains.Asia account?
A: To transfer your domain name to another Domains.Asia account you will need to generate the Auth/Transfer code. Once logged in, click on the domain name and then use the 'Generate code' button at the top of the page. The Auth/Transfer code will be emailed to the Administrative Contact for the domain name.
This Auth/Transfer code can be given to the new account holder in order for them to initiate a transfer.
- Q: Does it cost anything to transfer my domain?
- A: No, transfers are free of charge.
- Q: What are 'Premium' Domain Names?
A: Premium Domain Names are domain names available to purchase at a premium price (e.g. in the Secondary Market). When payment has been received for a premium domain name it will be transferred to your Domains.Asia account. Renewals may be at a higher rate, and transfers are permitted.
Please note: when a premium domain name is transferred to your account the contacts will not be updated. You must login to your account to update the contacts.
- Q: How do I contact customer support?
A: Email your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org
We will use our best efforts to respond to all enquiries within 24 hours.
- Q: How do I submit a trademark infringement claim against a .Asia domain name?
- A: The .Asia Registry fully adheres to the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy (UDRP), which applies to all Generic Top Level Domain (GTLD) names including .Asia domain names. Please see ICANN's instructions on the UDRP procedure for information on how to submit your claim.
- Q: What is Advanced DNS Manager?
A: Advanced DNS Manager is a free service, which enables you to manage your domains on our registry service provider, CentralNic USA's, well proven DNS infrastructure.
To setup your domain on Advanced DNS Manager:
- Login to your account and click on the domain name
- Click 'Advanced DNS Manager' under Nameserver Configuration
- Confirm you have read and accept the terms and conditions
- Click 'Activate domain on Advanced DNS'
- You are fully in control of your zonedata
- You can add as many A/AAAA/MX/CNAME/TXT records to your zonefile as you'd like
- You can setup Free Web Forwarding and redirect your domain to an already existing URL (e.g. your facebook profile or wordpress blog)
- Q: How do I delete my domain?
A: To delete your domain:
- Login to your account and click on the domain name you'd like to delete.
- Go to 'Domain Cancellation' at the bottom of the page and click 'Delete'.
- This action will schedule the domain for deletion, and also delete any associated services.
- This action cannot be undone, and no refund will be given.
- Q: My domain is pending deletion, how do I make it live?
- A: If your domain expired more than 44 days ago it will now be pending deletion. To restore your domain you need to login to your account and renew it. To do this, click the renew button next to the domain, in the "Your Domain Name's" table. A domain can be restored up to 30 days after going to the pending deletion status, and will incur a fee in addition to the renewal fee. For more information about our what happens to your domain after expiry please see our Deletion and Auto-Renewal Policy
- Q: How much does it cost to restore a domain after expiry?
- A: There is a $40 restoration fee for .Asia domain names.
- Q: What is email forwarding?
- A: Email forwarding is currently offered to all Website Builder users as a free add-on service to complete your online presence. Your free email forwarding account(s) enables you to advertise a professional email address using your own .Asia domain name, and forward it to your existing email address. For example, setup email@example.com and forward it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Q: What is .ASIA?
- A: .ASIA is the official web address for Asia. You can use a .Asia domain to expand your business across Asia, cater to an Asian audience or start a personal blog and make friends around the region. It is the one domain that connects you instantly to largest Internet marketplace and the most dynamic region in the world. .Asia is open to all businesses, individuals and organizations around the world.
- Q: What is a domain name Registry? What is a Registrar, a Reseller or a Registrant?
A: Domain Name Registry is responsible for managing the database of domains registered under a specific Top-Level-Domain (TLD). The DotAsia Organisation is the registry operator for the .ASIA TLD.
A Registrar is an entity accredited by ICANN and / or the TLD Registry to sell domain names to customers who register domains(i.e. Registrants). Domains.Asia is supported by TLD Registrar Solutions Ltd (TRS), an ICANN accredited Registrar and a wholly-owned subsidiary of Centralnic PLC. If you own a domain, you are a Registrant.
Resellers resell domain names through Accredited Registrars. Domains.Asia operates as a Reseller of TRS.
- Q: Do I have to live in Asia to get a .ASIA domain?
- A: Any entity or individual around the world can be a Registrant for a .Asia domain. However, one of the contacts for your .Asia domain registration must either be a legal entity within Asia Pacific or have a postal address in the Asia Pacific region. If the address information you supply when creating your account with Domains.Asia is already in Asia, that information will be used to satisfy the Eligibility Requirements. Otherwise, you will be asked to either utilize a Delegate Local Contact (a designated legal entity in Asia to satisfy the Charter Eligibility Declarations 'CED'), or provide a postal address in Asia (to serve as your Charter Eligibility Administrative 'CEA' Contact) The countries and territories included in the DotAsia Community are listed in the Charter Eligibility Requirements Policies: http://www.dot.asia/policies/DotAsia-Charter-Eligibility--COMPLETE-2010-09-01.pdf..
- Q: What is a CED or CEA contact?
A. .ASIA domain must be associated with a Charter Eligibility Declaration (CED) Contact or a Charter Eligibility Administrative (CEA) Contact. The CED and CEA Contacts are used to satisfy the Charter Eligibility Requirement Policy requirements and help to demonstrate that the .ASIA domain is associated with the Asia Pacific region.
A CED contact is a domain contact that is a legal entity in the DotAsia community. This can be a company, an organization or a natural person.
A CEA contact is an Administrative Contact associated with the Domain that contains a postal address within the Asia Pacific region.
Both CED or CEA contact information is submitted via .ASIA Registrar and is mandatory when registering .ASIA domains.
- Q: What are IDNs?
- A: Internationalized Domain Names (IDNs) are web addresses represented in local languages such as '亚洲.Asia' or 'こんにちわ.アジア'.
- Q: What is A-Label or Punycode?
- A: In short an A-Label or Punycode is the ASCII character conversion of an Internationalized Domain Name (IDN). An IDN may be represented either in its native form: '亚洲.asia', i.e. U-Label (Unicode encoded string) or in an alphanumeric form: 'xn--jlqt95e.asia', i.e. A-Label (ASCII Compatible encoded string). Punycode is the Internet standard ASCII-Compatible Encoding (ACE) that translates an IDN or a Unicode sequence into a string of ASCII characters (alphanumerics and hyphens). Punycode are identified by their first 4 characters, starting 'XN--'.
- Q: What IDN scripts are available in .ASIA?
- A: .ASIA currently offers IDNs in Chinese (Simplified and Traditional), Japanese and Korean scripts with plans to offer other Asian scripts in the near future.
- Q: Where can I get most updated information on .ASIA IDN domains?
- A: For more information on .ASIA IDN domains and new script launches please visit www.idn.asia.
- Q: What are the benefits of having .ASIA IDN domains?
Asia is continuing its rapid growth as the world's most populated Internet marketplace. With already over 1 billion users connected and an expectation to expand rapidly given that it represents only a 30% penetration for the region. The vast majority of these users will not be navigating the Internet in English. IDN will help drive brand identity, search optimization and Internet market behaviors online and offline.
Navigating the Internet in one's native language will be natural for the next billion users coming online from China, Japan, Korea, India and around Asia. IDN will play an amplifying role in supporting native language navigation, including improved search optimization and voice activated capabilities. While most web addresses today are still English alphanumeric, most of the searches are done in local languages. 'Asia', itself, is a highly searched and natural type-in keyword. Together with IDN, the '.ASIA' web extension helps to improve SEO (Search Engine Optimization) organically. The '.ASIA' domain provides improved relevance for websites to users searching from Asia as well as for users around the world looking for Asia related information, bringing you closer to customers in Asia.
- Q: What are character variants and how does .ASIA handle them?
IDN variants occur when two or more native characters share the same meaning or are linguistically deemed equivalent by local authorities. Such as in the case of Simplified and Traditional Chinese scripts. An easy way to understand IDN variants is to imagine CAPITALIZED letters and their lower-case counterparts. While in English (ASCII), capitalized letters are considered equivalent to lower-case letters technically, for IDN, such 'mapping' is administered through IDN variant policies.
When registering for Chinese .ASIA IDNs there is no need to register or purchase for both Simplified and Traditional Chinese scripts. Once the Simplified Chinese .ASIA domain name is applied for, the equivalent Traditional Chinese .ASIA variant will be given / included as part of the package, and vice versa.
- Q: Why isn't my .ASIA IDN showing up on the WHOIS?
For IDN domains please check the.ASIA IDN WHOIS at whois.idn.asia.
- Q: The WHOIS indicated the .ASIA domain I was searching for 'is either not found or not allocated' does that mean it's available for registering?
It means that the domain is not registered yet, but that does not necessarily means that it is available for registration. To confirm its availability, it is recommended that you go to the main page and perform an availability check.
- Q: The WHOIS indicated the .ASIA domain is Reserved. What are the differences between domains that are 'Reserved by DotAsia' and 'Community Reserved Names'?
DotAsia reserved names include ICANN Reserved Names defined in the Registry Operator Contract with ICANN such as ICANN and IANA related names, TLD strings; as well as Government Reserved names dedicated to names relevant to governments in the DotAsia Community including government / public institute names, city names and other names reserved by Community members of DotAsia.
Some Community Reserved Names are intended for the development and promotion of usage and adoption of the .ASIA TLD by the Internet community in Asia and around the world. Furthermore, Community Reserved Names are intended to leverage and attract commitment into positive and creative usage, development and marketing of .ASIA domain names. These in turn will help to generate valuable relevant content, utilization and participation from the community in the .ASIA namespace.
Domains reserved as Community Reserved Names are searchable in the public WHOIS with relevant information. Activated names may continue to be marked as a Community Reserved Name along with relevant information of the operator of the domain. The list of Community Reserved names will be updated from time to time by the .ASIA Registry in support of the community development efforts described above.
- Q: What is the DotAsia Organisation (DotAsia)?
DotAsia is a not-for-profit membership-based organisation incorporated in Hong Kong as a limited by guarantee corporation. DotAsia is the Registry Operator and the Sponsoring Organisation for the .ASIA Top Level Domain Registry. For more information about the DotAsia Organisation, please refer to: http://www.dot.asia/dotasia-organisation/about-dotasia/
- Q: What is the Vision & Mission of DotAsia?
The vision of DotAsia is to create a globally visible Top-Level-Domain that embodies the successful, cooperative atmosphere established within the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific Internet community to accelerate the overall growth of the region.
The mission of DotAsia is:
- To sponsor, establish and operate a regional Internet namespace with global recognition and regional significance, dedicated to the needs of the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific Internet community.
- To reinvest surpluses in socio-technological advancement initiatives relevant to the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific Internet community; and
- To operate a viable not-for-profit initiative that is a technically advanced, world-class TLD registry for the Pan-Asia and Asia-Pacific community.
For more information about the Community mission and activities of the DotAsia Organisation, please refer to: http://www.dot.asia/dotasia-organisation/about-dotasia/#visionmission
- Q: I have ordered Google Apps, when can I start using it?
- A: After you have completed your order for Google Apps there are several actions we need to take to setup your account. The most important of these is passing the Google Domain Ownership Verification process, which we do on your behalf. This process may take up to an hour to complete after which you will receive an email which confirms that the Google Apps is ready for use.
Keep an eye out for the confirmation email, if you do not receive this after one hour our support team will pick up the error and contact you once it has been resolved. Please contact email@example.com if you encounter any issues.
- Q: I received my confirmation email, how do I start using Google Apps?
- A: The first step in setting up your Google Apps account is to setup your Admin user. This user is the account which will have the authority to create and maintain all other users on your account, as well as add further subscriptions. Login to your account with www.domains.asia, find the domain and click on the 'Setup Google Apps' button next to your domain. You will be asked to provide the details of your Admin user, which will then be sent to Google to complete your setup. The setup of all subsequent users, as well as all other actions should then be completed directly at the Google Apps website.
- Q: Further support on how to make the most out of your Google Apps account
Administrator Help Center - Browse documentation on configuring Google Apps for your organization
User guides - Get help using core Google Apps
Support Tools - Analyze logs, headers, and more